Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Happy Veteran's Day!

Okay, so I think my closet is reaching its limit. My drawers are barely closing and I still have one last item to get for the Basics Challenge - the jewel toned blouse.  Yesterday, I went to Old Navy looking for a chambray button-down shirt and ended up with this light taupe brown boyfriend cardigan.  On the other hand, I managed to score this denim shirt at JCPenney for only $10!  I wasn't sure if the chambray shirt should be light or dark, but I think darker denim has always looked better on me.  I'm starting to really love this St. John's Bay brand that JCP carries - all of their button-down shirts fit perfectly on me without any gaping at the bust.  I already have two of their plaid shirts.

A couple of the challengers posted some really informative resources on the challenge Facebook group that I want to share with you:

Mary Munkelwitz posted a great link for determining which colors look best on you:
http://www.thechicfashionista.com/seasonal-color-analysis-2.html

Apparently, I'm a deep winter.  Yay for jewel tone colors!

Becky Ratliff Podhajsky posted this awesome link about one of my favorite stores of all time:
http://www.buzzfeed.com/laraparker/things-you-probably-didnt-know-about-target

I love the discount scheduling info!  Since today was Tuesday, I had to check out the Target clearance section and found a great sweatshirt for only $9!

I learn so much from these challenges - which is why you should sign up for the Build Your Basics Wardrobe Challenge if you haven't already!

Build Your Wardrobe Basics Banner

No comments:

Post a Comment